Liquid or gel eyeliners can be a bit difficult to master and can be a little intimidating if you have not used them before but Rimmel’s Exaggerate waterproof eye definer makes defining your eyes really easy. It’s perfect if you are a bit wobbly or unsteady applying eyeliners as it’s a lot easier to control than a liquid or gel.
It comes in a twist up pen style with a smudger for achieving the perfect smokey eye look and a sharpener at one end so you always have it at hand. And it’s available in a limited range of colours.
I bought 220 perfect plum and 261 Noir, but it also comes in pink (280 Pink Impact), green (250 Emerald Sparkle) and blue (240 Aqua Sparkle) which are all really pretty but I think they are for a younger Gal than this one.
It’s not available in brown but perfect plum is really lovely, it’s more like a brown/black with a hint of purple, see photo where I used perfect plum along top lash line. (I have slightly hooded lids – it’s an age thing – so in a close up like this it kind of makes the line look a little crooked – oops!)
I believe you can get a Gold, Purple and a Brown outside of Ireland. From images on line the Gold looks fab, pity we can’t get the extra colours here in Ireland?
My tips on applying it:
- To give it more staying power, use eye shadow primer, as it helps eyeliners last longer too.
- To help intensify the colour and to ‘set it’ brush a light line over the eyeliner with a similar colour eye shadow.
What I love about this product:
- Decent staying power, I wore it out last night and it stayed put all night long – lovely
- It’s really soft and creamy
- It’s super easy to use, good alternative to gel eyeliners
- The colours, although limited, are really pretty
- Really cheap at only €5.25
What I don’t love:
- It’s not quite as intense as a liquid or gel eyeliner and therefore doesn’t have the same staying power.
Overall: Okay so it’s no Urban Decay 24/7 or MUFE aqua liner but for €5.25 it’s a good buy in this Gals opinion.